This house was built in 1858 by an early physician Dr. A.S. Johnson. It was remodeled in 1907. In 1916 it was occupied by Dr. L.P. McCuistion (1869-1947) who served as a physician in Paris for 57 years. He founded the Sanitarium of Paris in 1914 and led in the development of the city as a hospital center. This structure was purchased in 1949 and following restoration and additions was occupied by Fry-Gibbs Funeral Home on May 21, 1951. On May 15, 1997, the Gibbs family acquired full ownership of the firm.